Saturday, December 28, 2013

6 Years.

So we've officially been together for over half a decade! We're off to a pretty good start if I do say so myself. A lot of marriages don't even last that long. Especially having become parents only a year into a relationship. After 3 moves and two children we're still here, loving just the same - if not more. We have had our fair share of trials and tribulations. Some we're still facing. But? We are doing good. We aren't perfect. Definitely not perfect. We are bestfriends. Him and our children both bring me equal joy. Equal love. Equal laughs. ...equal frustration.
 
He's my Prince in shining armour. He makes me feel safe and loved. He's my soul mate and my person. And he makes doing all this so much easier. God couldn't have picked anyone better to have me live this life with. Raise these two children with. I love that [one of] God's plan[s] was him.
 
Every morning I get to wake up next to that big-hearted man sleeping, mouth open, chest rising and falling with that strong heart beat l know, that heart that full of love for me, too. Always warm. The man I knew as a boy. The boy I loved first. And the man I loved last.
 
Im thankful. And blessed that God made him who he is, despite all that was against him. I love who he has become. He's mine.
Thank you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment