Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy 4th Birthday!!

To my sweet, funny, and excitable little girl.
 
Today is your day. The anniversary of your coming into the world. The day you made me a mommy, and him a daddy. Four years. Four years we've had you, grew you, watched you, loved you.
 
You are so unbelievably unique. Which i admire. So unlike me. So like Daddy. But so you.
 
This year your personality has really shined bright. Really surfaced. You like - no, love - to make people laugh. You are sensitive but daring. Loving but mischievous. You're the life of the party and a social butterfly. Your competitive but a real sweetheart. You love your baby brother and your an amazing big sister.

You're unstoppable and I'm so proud of you.

Your teacher said smiling, "She's the smallest and the youngest, but she's definitely not the quietest!"

I love that you're not afraid to show the world who you are. There is nothing at all wrong with a little more fun, and little more positive, and a little more you in this world. What a party this place would be if more people were like you. I'm so honored to be your Mama.

I wrote this for you before you turned 2. It brings a warmth to my heart to read it again:
This place is her garden. To grow and be unique.
To dig in and explore. To learn and embrace.
This world is her dance floor. She goes wherever the wind blows.
Chasing butterflies and gone-to-seed dandelions.
You are on stage my darling. Be who you want to be.

 
Happy 4th Birthday Sweetheart!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment