Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Been Busy Bakin'

I love my sweets and homemade goods! But I haven't really been one to do it myself. I didn't even cook most nights, but I'll blame a newborn for that. We mostly ate quick things I could throw in the oven or something I could throw together in a dish and pop in the oven. Or pizza.

But lately? My oven has been getting spoiled. [speaking of which...I should probably clean it.] I've been baking lots of yummy Banana Blueberry Buttermilk Bread and muffins! So, so good!
 

Its kind of a family thing, since my great-grandmother, as far as I know. But I'm sure even before that. Homemade bread! By hand, not a bread maker. The old-fashioned way. The best way! I've never made it before so my mom came over to teach me the techniques. And lets just say it's MUCH harder than it looked growing up. But I'll be definitely getting her over here more so I can be just as good as her. We tried something for the first time though (my idea, obviously -cheese!), we made a cheese loaf. I also put some of the dough aside for a homemade, cheese-stuffed-crust pizza! Go ahead, drool. I won't judge. My house has been smelling heavenly!
 
 

And, I've also given the good 'ol Lactation cookies a shot. They turned out so so good. I'm now a new rolled oats fan. The recipe made so many cookies (48), I ended up freezing some. Although, that didn't make them last any longer. They were still all gone in less than 2 weeks. :)



My newest attempt? Cinnamon buns! Also from scratch. Also mouth wateringly delicious. Pretty simple too. Just look how pretty these are...
 
 
Tortillas! Not in the oven, but still, from scratch! And that's huge for me, especially with another baby...rolling out paper thin pieces of dough and frying it up in a pan. But they really are yummy and pretty! I don't think I'll buy the expensive store kind anymore - as long as I can help it anyways.
 
 
 
I'm kinda loving the whole baking-homemade-from-scratch thing! And I plan on doing it as much as I possibly can from here on. So you might just see more posts of my delicious successes!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment