Thursday, February 27, 2014

Winter Can be Over Now

 
Winter. Bleh.

This Winter has seemed like the longest winter ever. Near the end of Fall Matt had said "I want to get a bunch of snow this year, like we used to get when we were kids".  Be careful what you wish for! We got it.

It was nice to finally have a white Christmas and be able to make a pretty awesome snow fort. And although Winter is almost (should be) over, we have yet to go sledding or make a snow man. But with the amount of snow we have? There's still time for that.

I don't hate Winter. It has it's moments of beauty and fun (occasionally), and every time it snows I watch for a long while, appreciating every snowflake. The uniqueness of every one, slowly falling from "the heavens". But? Still, I'm kind of over it.

It is hard lugging a 20+ lb. car seat out of a Jeep (that even I have troubles getting into sometimes) into the cold Winter air, walking through snow. Or the snow pants and snow boots. Every single morning. That's, like, five whole minutes longer it takes us to get ready to leave.

And the sickness. Oh, the sickness. Running noses, coughs, whiney babies. Sickness has not left our house since this cold weather hit. It has not let up. Poor James has been sick the whole 5 months of his life so far, pretty much. But, of course, I am grateful and thankful that this is all my children suffer from. I know there are parents out there sitting in a hospital room somewhere with their terminally ill children, eagerly waiting morning. And I think of them, and pray for them. Because, I can't even begin to imagine.

The wind is howling loud now and the trees are swaying, snow is falling and blowing so you see only white. And I just want health in this home.
 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment