Tuesday, October 22, 2013

A Beautiful Day for a Birthday


 

So, on this day - this morning - twenty four years ago, I came into the world like pretty much every other baby does. Three days before my expected due date and exactly 20 years and one month after my mother herself was born. Here's some fun facts for you(!!):

*my grandmother had my mom 2 weeks after she turned 20 as well. (fascinating huh? Now your thinker is thinkin')
*I had Leah when I was 20 years and 2 months. ...I know, I know. Mind-blown, right? ha.


I'm another year older, maybe another year wiser. But definitely another year grateful. I have to say, I think my 23rd year of life has been the most eventful and exciting year thus far. Let's look back and reminisce shall we?

*I was baptised in November, a day I won't soon forget.
*Early December I had my wisdom teeth out (yep...big deal)
*In December we got pregnant.
*In February we got engaged.
*April we got married.
*And in September, well, my sweet boy graced us with his perfect, beautiful little self.
So blessed and so thankful for this amazing year. I'm spending this birthday with my family. My mom is cooking my favorite supper, followed by a yummy cake.

The sun is shining here today, the wind is blowing and the newly-changed leaves are gleaming with their vibrant autumn colours. Thank you, Lord.


Do Not Lose Heart - Thoughts on Galations 6:9  By Christy Beasley

No comments:

Post a Comment