Thursday, November 07, 2013

Big Changes and Little Goals - Part 2

So, in addition to the change (improvement) in committing to a daily faith-based learning I've also decided to kick up our eating habits just a notch. I'm terrible for cooking veggies with dinner, I just forget, and I suppose consequently Leah is a picky veggie eater. Okay, okay... she's a picky everything-eater (or nothing rather). Which is odd because as a baby we tried her with everything you can think of, and she loved it all. Now she wont even look at it unless its one of the handful of meals she actually enjoys.

I started out striving to go completely paleo. It lasted about 4 days. I was just tired of cooking (hello, newborn) and frankly, didn't have the time for it. Even the pre-cooked snacks and meal preparation takes time, time that I didn't really have. But? I learned some new delicious healthy recipes that we all love. Homemade almond flour chicken strips (Mmm), strawberry spinach salad (yes please), ahh and creamy tomato and chicken soup (can't get enough). And someday relatively soon i'll post recipes on those - both for you and me.

Now that James is 8 weeks old (TODAY!!), we have established more of a routine. Or rather, I've just gotten used to having 2 children. Whichever it is I have more time to get a little workout in. We own Insanity and P90X. I tried P90X before I got pregnant. And it is intense. I havent tried Insanity yet but id like to. First though, im going to give Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred a go. Start out with a small but decently realisitc goal. I can do 30 mins a day. And I've convinced my mom to come over and do it with me.

I gained 37lbs when I was pregnant with Leah. It took me a complete 3 years to lose that weight plus 10lbs on top of that. I was feeling pretty accomplished. Then I got pregnant with James and I gained 35lbs - in totally different places by the way. 8 weeks postpartum and im down 26lbs with 9lbs left to lose until im back to pre-pregnancy weight. Breastfeeding is helping but ive been this weight since 2 weeks postpartum so I'm pretty sure thats called a plateau.

Starting the Shred today! So if your interested in joining me let me know!! :-)

Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment