Thursday, November 21, 2013

We made it to two.

Two months. Eeeep! How exciting is that? Okay, you're probably definitely not as excited as I am. But still. I have a two month old! A wholly breastfed two month old! Super proud. I had so many worries and fears about breastfeeding and weather or not it was going to work since it didn't with Leah. But we have fought through thrush and we've gotten this far and its such a blessing, a true gift to have this special experience with him.

Oh heck yeah, you better believe there's nights I just want to throw in the towel (all for sleep mind you!) just to let Daddy feed him. Days where I'm just so exhausted physically and mentally. But it only take about 2 minutes for those thoughts to leave my mind. Because I'm exclusively breastfeeding my baby(!!). Its a dream come true. A prayer granted. And I want to do this for as long as my baby will let me.

Right now he's smiling like crazy. Always smiling. Smiling more than Leah did at this age. He likes sucking on his fists and watching colourful shows like The Adventures of Chuck and Friends and My Little Pony (Leah's fault). He watches us walk around the room and loves looking and listening to his big sister. Also, she still completely and fully adores him. She calls him her honey bear. His favorite person though? Mommy. All day everyday. Daddy is okay too. Mainly for cuddles. But mommy wins all. And believe it or not my two-month old already stares us down while we eat. He's wearing 3 and 6 month clothing. A lot of 6 months. 

We've got our very last midwife appointment on Friday and we'll be finding out all his stats. 

I love having a two-month old!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment