Thursday, March 05, 2015

Kiddie Book Club: Book Review - Loula is Leaving for Africa


A few weeks ago I signed Leah up for the kids book club at our library. Every week they get to choose a book from the chosen book-club-books. I really loved this one. Its by Canadian author Anne Villeneuve. Loula is Leaving For Africa is such a cute little book and a little funny too!

 Loula is fed up with her troublesome triplet brothers and decides to leave for Africa, which according to her is up in a tree in her yard. Her mother's sweet chauffer takes her on a days worth of adventures through "Africa".

At the end of her relaxing day out, Loula and Gilbert sit down with some tea and watch the colours of the sky change. Sunsets are the best in Africa!
 
The watercolor illustrations in this grabbed my attention right away. Aren't they beautiful? I wish I could paint like that! 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment