Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Beating Boredom This Season

I can't believe the cold weather is here again! It's Fall! Almost Winter! Well, it feels like Winter some days anyway. Doesn't it seem like it wasn't that long ago that we finally got rid of the snow?

Although this tends to be my favourite season, with its beautiful leaves, my birthday (heehee), Halloween and comfy clothes, it's usually the most boring season. With colder weather brings more days of being stuck inside. The kids go stir crazy (okay, okay. I go stir crazy.) But this means I have to come up with things to keep me busy. Keep us busy.

Here's an idea of some things on my list to keep us away from boredom:

1. Crochet.
Every Fall/Winter I tend to try out crocheting. Sometimes I'm successful. Last year I made a couple baby hats for when James was born. And a hat for Leah. Although they were super cute they all ended up being too small. Huge bummer. The year before I attempted a pillow. haha. It's stuffed and stays hidden on our bed (And it will never leave the bedroom). I suppose each year I'm getting better.

2. Crafts.
Pinterest got me all ambitious.

3. Bake! I love baking! And I haven't been doing any lately. I got an itch to bake something.

4. Workout.
I really need to get in shape again. I'm secretly hoping it'll get give me energy as well.

5. Spend more one on one time with the children.
The summer months, Leah tends to be so absent from home. She's just constantly outside. And then school starts up and I'm still not seeing much of her. So basically, its just one on one time with her that I'm craving. I miss that special time with her.

Let's see where this list gets me. Maybe I'll actually accomplish stuff? Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment