Monday, November 10, 2014

Detox Diet Day 3 -- a new goal.



Okay, so I'm supposed to be starting day three of the GM Detox Diet. Except physical, I can't do it. I'm eating and taking in 8-12 glasses of water a day but I'm just too weak! That was one of the side affects of this diet but I didn't realize how bad it would be. Like, going up the stairs? My legs felt like I just did those same stairs 10 times. I could barely lift Leah into our Jeep. I also woke up in the middle of the night and I couldn't even hold onto my glass of water. Which, doesn't normally happen to me.

So, yeah, I guess you can call me a wimp or unmotivated or lacking will-power -- fine.

But?

Even just 2 days of this diet and I have a HUGE boost in motivation to eat healthier. I mean, I did go out and buy TONS of fruits and veggies. But it feels good to sit down and eat a bowl of sliced cucumber and tomatoes. Or snack on melon instead of Halloween candy. The only carbs that I've taken in was a yogurt and cranberry granola bar yesterday, because I felt like I was dying. Anyways, this excitement for a healthier lifestyle has me super excited. Excited to just be healthier.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 - Teach Our Children Purity from God's word, not an earthly standard - Disciple them with the truth.


Because I owe it to myself. I owe it to my family. I owe it to God.

I'm down one pound in two days. I can even see a change in my complexion, my eyes. And in just those two days I was able to realize how much junk and unneeded food I take in. Because I'm one of those people who cant see a half of my kids dinner go in the garbage, so I just "pick" at it. It's been hard but I've stopped doing that.

With my not finishing this 7-day detox I've come across a new goal, and that is to just be healthy. And I'm not going to beat myself up for this. I tried and I failed and I still succeeded.

I'm happy with that.

Also? HELLLOOOO COFFEE!

No comments:

Post a Comment