Tuesday, February 10, 2015

DIY: Bow & Arrow QUIVER!!


I have a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Fanatic on my hands, aka Leah. She's obsessed. And by obsessed I mean claiming that she has ninja turtle brothers and a "father" named Master Splinter. I've started to call her "Leahnella". She doesn't like it. Oh well.

Anyways, she got a Rebel Nerf Bow and arrows for her birthday a couple months ago and it never came with a quiver to hold the arrows. So I thought I could probably, easily just make her one. Behold, Pinterest. I found this awesome tutorial on how to do it with an old Pringles can. Here's what I did!

Supplies:
  • hot glue gun
  • double sided tape (not crucial but I used it as an extra holding mechanism for all that ninja turtle fighting)
  • iron
  • old Pringles can
  • wide ribbon
  • measuring tape (not shown)
  • can opener (not shown)
  • 2 different types of fabric (if desired), enough to cover can
That's it! No sewing!

 
Okay, so first I took my measurements and cut what I needed of the fabrics. My next step was to fold over all the edges of the fabric and iron it down. Then I stick my double sided tape along the width of the Pringles can. Next, I took the can opener and "punched" a whole along the bottom and threaded the ribbon through. Then I started my gluing along the edges of the can!

Ta da!

Next up, I took my second piece of fabric and glued it on, leaving extra at the end to fold in and glue inside as well.
 Almost done!! Just measure the ribbon over your little one's body and glue the ends of the ribbon together! Toss in your arrows and your ready to shoot some targets!!

 Leah's got a hit on Shredder! haha! I could of made the length of the ribbon shorter for her but she insisted it was perfect and she liked it that long. As long as she's happy then I call it a job-well-done!

No comments:

Post a Comment