Thursday, February 19, 2015

Perogie, Bacon and Sausage Casserole



Yum, yum, yummy!! This was totally random and totally delicious. Some night, okay - a lot of nights I have no idea what to make for supper. I just can't decide. Something (mostly) healthy, and something the kids will eat. It can be hard for us. Leah is so picky, and James is getting picky too. Both kids loved so many different things at one point and then BAM, picky-eaters. I was a picky eater too. So I have hope and faith that one day they wont be pick any longer. One day they'll eat veggies.

Anyways, in a bout of frustration and motivation and randomness, I whipped up a totally unique and randomly delicious dinner.

Here's what I used:
  • one pack of perogies
  • half a pack of bacon
  • 8 mini sausages
  • 1 onion
  • 3 cloves of garlic
  • snow peas (but any other veggies you like as well)
  • brick cheese
  • ranch dressing
So as my perogies were unthawing, I chopped my sausage and fried it up, then fried the bacon and set it aside.
Next I tossed in my snow peas and onions and garlic and sautéed that just how we like it and set that aside.
As I cooked the perogies in the frying pan , I grated my cheese (enough to cover the top of my baking dish)
Once everything was mostly cooked I transferred it all into my baking dish and started layering it up!
  • first, a small layer of the fried veggies
  • second, all the perogies
  • next, I tossed the fried sausages over and just let them fall wherever
  • another layer of the rest of the friend veggies
  • and then the bacon! Mmmm.....
  • And last of all, I topped it with the grated cheese!
I baked it at 350F for about 20 minutes, until the cheese was nice and melted.

Once you serve it up, drizzle with ranch dressing and ENJOY! It was SO good. Both kids and husband loved it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment