Tuesday, February 03, 2015

Verse of the week

Last week's verse was 1 John 3:18. We are going to kick this week off with Joshua 24:15 .

A few years ago my home was without The Lord. My life was without The Lord. Now it's hard to even think about living a life without God. But a few years ago when I found my way back to Christ and he accepted me fully and whole heartedly into his loving arms, I began to pray daily for my family. That The Lord would help me to raise my children in a way that would bring Him glory and in such a way that they would always truly love and know their Father in Heaven. I asked for prayer for my husband too, that he would come to know Christ. I prayed and I prayed and I prayed. And I questioned and worried and cried and then I prayed some more. Those days of being a wife to a non-Christian were tough. We got into some heated debates. But God is so good. Are you familiar with Philippians 4:6?
"do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God."
Mmm, yes. That. He answers prayers. I am proud and blessed and honored to say that my husband is now a Christian. He's not fully 100% there yet but he knows he is a Christian. He loves Jesus and thanks Him for all that we've got.

This doesn't stop me from praying for my family. I will continue to pray for as long as I have breath. (Psalm 116:2)

Dear Heavenly Father, You are a generous, loving and faithful God. We are all so blessed to be able to come to You with anything and everything, good or bad. Be with us this week and always as we find ways to serve you better and make you proud. I will serve you all the days of my life. Please help me instill the same love and appreciation for You in my children, those sweet, tender souls that You entrusted us with. Help me to help them love you to the fullest. Amen.   

No comments:

Post a Comment