Thursday, February 05, 2015

Fifth Disease

On Friday past, I noticed Leah's cheeks were kind of blotchy and red. Although it wasn't bothering her whatsoever, I wrote it off as an allergic reaction to something and gave her Children's Benadryl. By Sunday there was no improvement. Monday was a snow-day, so she stayed home. But on Tuesday we got a call from her school asking us to come pick her up because she was showing symptoms of Fifth Disease and her teacher is pregnant.




Once we were home I decided to do some Google-Diagnosing-Research and realized that she may very well actually have this Fifth Disease, so I made an appointment with our doctor.






Turns out? She's got Fifth Disease. Odd. Something I've never even heard of.

The rash can last up to 14 days and when the rash appears she's actually no longer contagious. So she can return to school. I've apologized profusely to her teacher and principal. I feel terrible about it.

The good news is: it's nothing serious and she will recover perfectly fine.

Anyways, that was an experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment